The new ATV station for 6cm consists of:
- 23cm UniTX transmitter for 1400 MHz uplink
- DG0VE Frequency multiplier
- DG0VE amplifier: 60 mWatt > 600 mWatt
- Final amplifier: 150 mWatt > 14 Watt
- SMA coax relay to switch between TX and RX
- RX converter 5,7 -> 1,0 GHz with pre-amp
- Some sensors for temperature, fan control, etc
The complete set-up (excl. antenna) is mounted in an outdoor enclosure. Any 75Ω satellite coax can be used as transmission line since losses are low due to the 1400 MHz uplink and 1000 MHz downlink. These frequencies are outside of the 23cm band so there shouldn’t be any interference. For the last 2 meters between outdoor unit and antenne, Aircom Plus is being used with a length of about 3 meters. The unit is powered by 12 Volts and 4 cables to control the unit are going down. Any decent outdoor UTP (STP) cable is sufficient for this.
I’m able to receive om 23, 13, 9, 6 and 3cm and transmit on 23cm (low power) and 6cm (medium power).